Email Us

New Mexico Big Game License & Tag Draw Application

New Mexico Big Game Draw

How Do I Apply For The Elk or Mule Deer Draw in New Mexico?

2024 Draw Application Starts January 18th and the Application deadline is March 20th.
Let us help you get drawn. Applying with a New Mexico Outfitter increases your chances of getting drawn.

Sierra Blanca Outfitters offers a service to assist hunters with the big game draw. Whether it's elk, mule deer, or antelope, we can handle all the details of the application process.

New Mexico is known throughout North America to hold some of the biggest trophy Elk and Mule Deer in the world. Due to this reputation, demand is high and public land elk or mule deer tags can be very difficult to obtain for nonresident hunters.
As an Outfitter, Sierra Blanca can help to increase a hunter's chances of getting drawn for a tag due to the New Mexico outfitter pool. 10% of the nonresident tags are set aside for this pool and only outfitters can enter the lottery.

Sierra Blanca Outfitters will handle the entire application process for you. As an outfitter, we have a better chance of getting you drawn for a New Mexico elk tag.  Please contact Sierra Blanca Outfitters for more information regarding our assistance in applying for the draw.
If you are not drawn, Sierra Blanco Outfitters has guaranteed landowner tags available for all species. When you arrive in camp for your hunt all the licenses are taken care of and in your name, all you will have to worry about is hunting.

Draw Application Service

New Mexico Big Game Tag Outfitter Pool - Application Service

New Mexico’s special drawing outfitters pool sets aside 10% of all big-game licenses for all units in New Mexico. To apply for the outfitter's pool, hunters must apply through a licensed New Mexico Outfitter. Hunters will provide a signed power of attorney, form below, to Sierra Blanca and we will handle the details from there. Contact us to apply for the draw today!

Power of Attorney Form

New Mexico Big Game Draw Details

The big game draw in New Mexico does its best to ensure all hunters have a fair opportunity to draw a Trophy Elk or Mule Deer tag. The drawing is done by a computer system that awards hunters' tags at random. 85% of tags go to New Mexico residents and nonresidents are drawn for the remaining 15%. The Outfitters Pool gets 10% of the non-resident tags and individuals to have a shot at the other 5%. This is why it's important to use an outfitter!

Due to the difficulty of getting drawn in New Mexico, it's a good idea to have a backup plan. At Sierra Blanca Outfitters, we offer guaranteed landowner tags for hunters not fortunate enough to have success in the draw.

Guaranteed Landowner Tags

New Mexico License & Tag Cost

New Mexico Game & fish state license fees as of 2024

  • Species
  • Resident
  • Non-Resident
  • Elk
  • $90.00
  • $548.00(S)
  • Cow Elk
  • $60.00
  • $345.00
  • Deer
  • $41.00
  • $283.00(S)
  • Turkey
  • $25.00
  • $100.00
    (Includes 2 Tags)
  • Bear
  • $47.00
  • $260.00
  • Antelope
  • $60.00
  • $290.00
  • Cougar
  • $43.00
  • $290.00

All license fees are updated as of January of 2022 - additional game hunting fee and habitat fees are not included and will be applied at the time of purchase with accordance of the New Mexico DNR.

New Mexico DNR Website & More Info

Learn More